Welcome to Swiss Photo Club Sàrl website for Swiss French speaking region.
If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which together with our privacy and cookies policy govern Swiss Photo Club SARL’s relationship with you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term ‘Swiss Photo Club Sàrl’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- You may not use our sites, services or tools if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our sites, services or tools.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Swiss Photo Club SARL. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites, and we can not be held responsible for any items which are on third-party websites or purchases of products from these third party websites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Swiss Photo Club SARL takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Switzerland.
The content of this website (https://www.swissphotoclub.com), including all text, html, CSS and other code, photographs, graphics, images and pdf documents, is copyrighted by Swiss Photo Club SARL, its affiliates and/or the original copyright holder. The trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this website are registered or unregistered trademarks of Swiss Photo Club SARL, its partners, affiliates or others. Nothing contained on this website shall be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark, text, photographs and images or any other copyrightable material displayed without the written permission of Swiss Photo Club SARL or such other third party that may own the trademark or copyrightable material. You may not, without written permission, use any such marks or the Swiss Photo Club SARL name in any manner that disparages or discredits Swiss Photo Club SARL.
Terms of Business
Booking a course, class or workshop, arranging a personal tuition session, as well as placing an order with Swiss Photo Club SARL constitutes an acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
In order to get the most from our courses and classes customers should ensure that they arrive promptly and attend each session in full. If you find out that you are unable to attend a course, please let us know immediately by email hello [at] swissphotoclub [dot] com or telephone 0800 800 472.
Where a customer conduct is unacceptable (in our reasonable opinion), we reserve the right to request that the customer leaves the class and our studio premises. No refund of any fees will be made.
Swiss Photo Club SARL is entitled to change the venue and make minor changes to the timing and content of any advertised courses and classes. In the unlikely event that we have to replace a tutor, we will make every effort to ensure the replacement tutor has similar expertise.
Please ensure you take care of all your personal possessions as Swiss Photo Club SARL cannot accept any liability for them.
Please note that in the unlikely event of any damage to our customers or visitors possessions like: clothing, computers, laptops, cameras, lenses, and any other goods or materials, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, our maximum liability is limited to the cost of replacement of the item or materials only. No responsibility will be accepted for indirect or consequential loss and ‘sentimental value’ damages, and it shall be the responsibility of the customers / visitors to arrange adequate and appropriate insurance against the risk of any loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by customers resulting from any events which are beyond the reasonable control of Swiss Photo Club SARL.
Cancellation Policy for Group Courses
14 days before the course: Full refund or a credit for another course is possible.
Until 7 days before the course: Full credit for another course is possible. Refund: if we fill your place from the standby list – 100%, otherwise 50%.
Less than 7 days: Full credit for another course is possible only if we manage to fill your place from the standby list. Refund is not possible.
Less than 2 days: In this case, we regret that there will be no refund or rescheduling unless you provide us with a medical report.
Swiss Photo Club SARL reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course if the required number of places has not filled.
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel or reschedule a course due to tutors illness, absence or in any other circumstances, we will offer a full refund or transfer the registration to another course up to the same value.
Cancellation Policy for Private Lessons
Up to 3 days before the session: Rescheduling of a new session is possible at no extra cost.
For re-scheduling without penalty, the cancellation of the session must be communicated to the instructor at least 3 days in advance. If the student cancels the session less than 3 days in advance, one hour will be charged.
100% Satisfaction / Money Back Guarantee:
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for all our short term courses. Conditions:
- The student has to attend the full course before claiming non satisfaction
- The student must provide evidence that the instructor did not perform or did not cover what is promised in the course description
- The claim has to be made in written form within fourteen days after the course is completed
Gift voucher refund policy
Gift Vouchers are not refundable (partly or fully) or transferrable to anybody else other than the recipient.
It is possible for the recipient to use the gift voucher as a discount to register to a more expensive course.
Photography Competition Refunds:
If you made your payment and sent your photos, your payment is not refundable.
If you made the payment but did not send your photo(s), you can contact us for a credit for a future course or a full refund.
Photography Trip Conditions & Refunds:
It is a condition of booking a holiday that you are covered by medical and personal accident insurance. This should include repatriation back home.
We strongly recommend that you and all members of your party are adequately insured as soon as you book your holiday as this ensures that your deposit is protected.
Cancellations and Refunds:
IF WE CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY
Although we try hard to avoid cancellations and changes to the holidays, due to the forward planning of our holidays this is sometimes unavoidable.We must therefore reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel or make changes to your holiday. This includes cancellations due to force majeure or under booking. See definitions below. With the exception of force majeure, these changes can be major or minor. In the case of a major change or cancellation (a major change is defined as a change to accommodation of a lower rating for all of your holiday or a change of holiday dates) we will advise you as soon as possible and we give you the following options:
- Accept the new arrangements
- Take an alternative holiday subject to availability (if a lower price we will refund the difference; if a higher price you must pay the difference)
- Withdraw and accept a full refund of all monies paid (excluding holiday insurance premiums or additional costs we have incurred on your behalf)
In the event of a minor change (any change that is not defined as a major change above or force majeure), the above options will not be available to you. We also reserve the right for any reason or at any time, at our sole discretion, to decline to accept or to retain any person on a holiday as a client particularly if their conduct is disruptive and affecting the enjoyment of other participants on the trip, and we shall be under no liability for any costs incurred by such a person as a result of our doing so.
FORCE MAJEURE is the unusual and unforeseeable circumstance beyond our control, the consequences of which neither we or our suppliers could avoid, examples of which are war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, level of water in rivers, or other similar events beyond our control.
UNDER BOOKING is the situation in which the minimum number of clients required to operate the tour is not met. That number is 5 and we may cancel the tour in these circumstances. In this instance, you are entitled to receive a full refund for the holiday cost (excluding flights or additional costs you have incurred as a result of booking the holiday). Therefore it’s important to wait for our confirmation of the trip before you book your flights.
IF YOU CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY
If for any reason you decide not to travel (rather than cancel your booking and incur cancellation charges), you may transfer your booking to another trip offer. The option to transfer must be taken up 60 days or more prior to the commencement date. Transfers from discounted holidays are not permitted. All monies due to us at the time of the transfer shall become nonrefundable and may only be used against an alternative holiday taken within 12 months of the original booked holiday. Should the total cost of the alternative holiday be less than the transferred monies no refunds or further transfers will be permitted. The right to transfer is subject to an administrative fee equivalent to 20% of the cancellation charge defined in the trip page. This fee is payable within 7 days of receipt of transfer confirmation.
If for any reason you cancel your holiday after you made your booking via full or partial payment, you must notify us in writing. The cancellation of your holiday comes into effect upon receipt of the written notification from you. The cancellation policy is different for each trip and can be found in the FAQ section of the trip advertisement.
Membership with Swiss Photo Club
Your membership payment entitles you to attend regular workshops arranged by Swiss Photo Club in your region (Suisse Romande / French speaking part of Switzerland or Deutschschweiz / German speaking part of Switzerland). Your payment does not cover any additional expenses occured during these workshops, including food/drinks/models/entry fees etc.
Membership Refund Policy:
You are entitled to a full refund during the 14 days after the subscription begins, provided that you have not joined any member activities before your refund request. Please note that this 14-day period commences when the subscription starts.
For credit card purchases, your subscription is normally set to renew automatically at the end of your subscription. However you can cancel automatic renewal any time during your subscription period.
Feedback and Complaints
Our courses and classes are designed to provide an enjoyable and quality experience for those attending.
In the event of a complaint, please make your complaint in writing and send it to: Swiss Photo Club SARL, 5 Rue Henri-Christiné, 1207 Genève, Switzerland. We take any complaint seriously and will aim to investigate and respond as quickly as possible and in any event within 30 days.