GPC Photo Awards Closing Ceremony:
See the winners of the public and jury votes, meet the photographers and enjoy complimentary wine and tapas serving.
September 8th, Friday, 5pm to 9:30pm at Grob Gallery (Rue Etienne-Dumont 2, 1204 Geneva).
When to vote?
The exhibition is open and accepting votes from Aug 31st to Sep 8th.
Opening hours of Grob Gallery:
Mon – Fri: 14:00 – end of workshop ~ 20:00
Closed on Sunday the 3rd and Thursday the 7th
Sat: 12:00 – 17:00
Attend free photography courses at the gallery:
As announced previously, all submitted photos will be able to collect public votes throughout the exhibition.
What happened last time?
Here is a short video of last year’s exhibition. You can also see the winner photos and the closing ceremony towards the end of the video.
Sponsors & Rewards
Here are our sponsors and the prizes for the winners of the public & jury votes:
Event Main Sponsor
Nikon Full Frame Kit
D750 + AF-S 24–85mm VR
Worth: CHF 2’300.-
Leica X2 Black
36mm equivalent F2.8 lens
Worth: CHF 2’300.-
EIZO ColorEdge Monitor CS230CNL
Worth: CHF 820.-
with 18-55 kit lens
Worth: CHF 630.-
Samsung Portable SSD
Worth: CHF 460.-
How it works:
Submit your photos (max 5 per person) before the deadline, using the registration form.
Every submitted photo will be printed, exhibited and able to collect votes during the exhibition.
A panel of Geneva Photo Club instructors will select 50 best photos from your submissions. These photos will be printed bigger (30cm x 45cm), glued on Dibond for hanging and will be offered for sale in the gallery during the exhibition.
The remaining photos will also be printed in smaller size and exhibited in the gallery (exact size and execution will depend on the number of submissions).
During the exhibition, visitors will be able to vote for their top 3 photos from any of the submissions.
Top 5 photos chosen by these votes (1 jury and 4 public) will receive fantastic rewards from our sponsors during the closing party of the exhibition.
Jul 26, Wed : Deadline for submissions
Aug 31, Thu : Vernissage evening
Sep 1-7 : Free workshops in the gallery (exact program will be announced here)
8 Sep Friday : Closing party and awards ceremony.
Location: Grob Gallery
Overlooking Place de Bourg-Four, Grob Gallery is a beautiful fine-art photography gallery at the heart of the old town. Address: 2, rue Etienne – Dumont, 1204 Genève.
- Open to submission for those living in the Geneva / Lausanne region.
- There is no theme required for your photos.
- Max 5 photos per person.
- Ideally full size, JPG format, sRGB color space, min 2000 pixels wide long edge.
- You can pick up your print after the exhibition if your photo is not sold.
- No watermarks / copyright signs should be visible.
- If you have a person clearly identifiable in your photo, you can of course submit it for exhibition and win prizes. However, if you’d like to offer it for sale too, you will need a model release. Example in english and in french.
- You will always keep the rights for your photo. We will not use it for any commercial purposes.