You started to take some nice photos with your phone, you get compliments from your friends and family… Now you feel like you would like to make the next step to learn how to use a proper camera and take better pictures.
This is an important step, so tread carefully! Many people give up after some time because of wrong choices.
These are the choices that you have to make as you decide how you can improve your photography:
- Decide on your goal
- Decide online vs classroom
- Choose the provider: Certified School? Any “School”? Or an independent photographer?
- Choose the course based on your level and availability
- Get the relevant equipment / software
- Attend / complete the course and re-evaluate your goal
- Practice, practice, practice
We’re here to help you at each step along the way.
1. Decide on your goal
A new hobby? Become a pro? Better photos of your newborn?
Will be much easier to make choices if you’re already clear what you want. In many cases, it’s always a good idea to start with a beginners workshop, even if you know some basics from past experience.
2. Online vs Classroom learning
Here we recommend a mixed approach: Learn from traditional classroom courses, practice with real people, then c