Is your teen into photography? If yes, this fun workshop organized during two afternoons will let your teen develop photographic skills and show him/her how to use a camera as well as taking great photos with their mobiles.
This is a very hands-on class, all exercises requires the students to work in teams, so expect plenty of time to practice photography all day.
Tailored for Beginners
The class will cover a range of technical and artistic aspects, including aperture, shutter speed and ISO, amongst other photography principles. Coming out of this course, the students will have a great base to continue developing in the art of photography.
Class sizes are kept small so each participant will have a chance to interact with the host on a one-to-one basis. There will be a substantial amount of hands-on activity involved on the day, so please wear comfortable shoes and bring an umbrella should the weather call for it.
During the intensive course, you will learn:
- A basic but practical understanding of photography principles and concepts like Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, Depth of Field.
- Various features of your digital camera and what you can do to maximise the use of this wonderful tool
- Learn by doing, with trained experts there to guide you as you work
- How to use your Camera – properties and mechanisms.
- Understanding Lenses – what to use, when and why
- Creative Use of shutter speeds, aperture (f-numbers), depth of field, flash and exposures.
- The art of composition and getting great colors for landscapes
- Common mistakes and great examples
- Practical exercises (outdoors / indoors depending on the weather)
- Relaxed and Constructive Feedback
- Your camera: DSLR or mirrorless or superzoom
- If you don’t have a camera, we offer free DSLR camera to use during the course (please tell us in advance after your registration).
- Positive attitude and passion for visual arts 🙂